How to Make Kratom Tea properly
Most of us usually start our kratom journey in its most readily available form; kratom powder. But as much as we love our kratom powder and the benefits it has to offer us, it tends to leave a bitter taste in your mouth, literally. This is what usually leads someone to contemplate alternative ways of getting kratom into their system.
Southeast Asia natives do not seem to have that problem, as most of them prefer taking kratom in its rawest form, which is through chewing on the tree’s leaves. One would argue that chewing kratom leaves is the best way of consuming kratom since nothing goes to waste.
However, since the idea of chewing a plant’s leaves is foreign to most people, it might not be a feasible solution to your predicament.
This is where kratom tea comes in. Kratom tea is becoming an increasingly popular technique of ingesting kratom. It is both discrete as well as comfortable.
People make kratom tea in a variety of ways. This article will let you in on a couple of those methods as well as tips to consider while making your kratom tea.
How to Make Kratom Tea
The following are some of the ways that you can use to make kratom tea:
- Kratom Tea from Powder
This is probably the most common, as well as the easiest way of making kratom tea. You get to enjoy the benefits of potent kratom powder in a cup. You can use a sweetener to mask the bitter taste.
Ingredients & Materials for One Cup
- A small whisk (most people use a Matcha whisk)
- Saucepan that has a pouring lip
- 8 ounces of water
- Coffee filter or a strainer
- Sweeteners such as sugar, honey, maple syrup, or agave juice
- 1 small lemon
- Kratom powder at the recommended dose
- Pour the water into the saucepan and let it heat until it is hot, however, do not let it boil.
- Squeeze your lemon’s juice into the water.
- Add your kratom powder dose.
- Stir thoroughly until the powder distributes evenly in the water.
- Let the tea simmer for about 15 minutes
- Put the coffee filter or strainer on your cup and pour the tea into the cup.
- Add your preferred sweetener.
- Drink immediately.
Alternatively, you can use your coffee pot to make kratom powder tea. Just put your kratom dose in the filter instead of coffee. Be sure not to use a lot of water, as it might over-dilute your kratom.
Making Kratom Tea from Crushed Leaves
Some users do not like the texture of kratom tea that is made from powder. If you find yourself to be such an individual, you will find making kratom tea using a crushed leaf to be a good alternative.
Ingredients and Materials for One Cup
- French press or teapot
- Electric kettle or saucepan with a pouring lip
- 8 ounces of water
- Reusable teabag
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Sweetener of choice
- Kratom crushed leaf of the appropriate dose
- Using the saucepan or hot water kettle, heat the water but do not let it boil
- Fill the teabag and place it in the teapot together with your dose of the crushed leaf. If you are using a French press, you will have to remove the plunger so you can place the leaves at the jug’s bottom.
- Pour water into the teapot or French press and let it steep for about 15 minutes. The more time you let it steep, the stronger the flavor gets.
- Remove the teabag then strain the tea into a cup.
- Add the apple cider vinegar as well as your sweetener.
- Have your drink.
Making Kratom Ice Tea
If you dislike hot drinks or are a fan of sweet tea, then the kratom iced tea might be a good choice for you. The great think about iced kratom tea is that it does a beautiful job of masking kratom powder’s unpleasant flavor.
- A cup of freshly made kratom powder tea
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 large slices of ginger
- ½ cup of pineapple juice
- ½ cup of orange juice
- Put the slices of ginger inside the hot kratom and let it steep for about 5 minutes.
- Strain your tea into a mixing jug.
- Add the honey and stir until it dissolves.
- Add pineapple and orange juice to the mixture.
- Let it cool.
- Add ice to the cooled tea.
- Enjoy your iced kratom tea.
- Making Kratom Sun Tea
If you want to make kratom tea in large batches, so you do not have to keep making a cup every other time or are looking to serve a large group of people, then the Kratom Sun Tea is what you should be looking to prepare.
Nonetheless, using the sun’s energy to brew the tea makes for a weaker beverage.
Ingredients and Materials
- A glass jug of about one gallon
- 12 cups of water
- Enough kratom leaf for 12 cups. Measure the dose for each cup.
- Reusable tea bags
- Pour water into the jug.
- Put the crushed kratom leaf into the teabags while making sure not to overfill them. Seal the bags and place them in the water.
- Stir well
- Put a lid on the jug and place it in a sunny spot for about 4 hours. Be sure to check that the jug is always under direct sunlight throughout that period.
- Remove the tea bags, put the lead back on, and put the jug inside a fridge.
- Drink as your dose recommends.
Tips to Note When Making Kratom Tea
To ensure that you have an awesome experience with kratom tea, consider the following:
- Use Hot but Not Boiling Water
The active compounds responsible for the effects that kratom is famous for are known as alkaloids. These alkaloids are sensitive to high temperatures and tend to denature when exposed to temperature extremes, such as those found in boiling water. This means that they will lose their effectiveness.
Therefore, to prevent that from happening, ensure that you do not use boiling water.
- Add Acid
As mentioned, exposing alkaloids to extremely high temperatures is not a good idea, as their structures are relatively weak and, thus, cannot withstand extremes.
Adding acid to your kratom is beneficial as it works to strengthen the alkaloids’ structures, so they are better able to withstand high temperatures. This is why we recommend using apple cider vinegar or lemon during your kratom tea preparation. Besides, they give your kratom tea a unique flavor.
- Use Sweetener
The bitter taste of kratom powder can be an impediment to a fulfilling kratom experience, which might cause an individual not to look forward to using the herb.
It does not help that the most effective way of getting the effects of kratom fast is through the toss n’ wash method, which involves throwing kratom powder into the back of your mouth and washing it down with a glass of water.
While it is effective, toss n’ wash often leaves traces of kratom powder in your mouth, which makes the bitter taste to linger in your mouth for a long time.
Sweeteners help in masking that taste, so you do not have a hard, time-consuming kratom tea. You can also add other flavorings such as cinnamon, ginger, and citrus as you steep the tea. This will help mask the bitter taste further.
- Stir Thoroughly
When using kratom powder to make tea, the powder can sometimes settle in clumps, which are also bitter. This is why it is essential to stir the tea vigorously using a whisk as it helps break down those lamps. Consider using a Matcha tea whisk for that purpose.
- Use the Right Dose
Using the right dose is necessary as it not only ensures that you get the full benefits of kratom, but it also ensures that you do not experience the adverse effects that come with exceeding your dosage.
If your kratom comes with dosage guidelines, ensure that you adhere to them. However, since the appropriate dose varies from person to person, a good rule of thumb is to start low and work your way up gradually. Therefore, start with about 2 grams to see what you experience, and then add a gram at a time until you hit your sweet spot. However, since the effects of kratom sometimes take a while to kick in, allow yourself about thirty minutes before you add another gram.
Kratom tea is definitely one of the best ways of consuming kratom. It allows you to use kratom leisurely without having to bear its bitter taste. Use the tips in this guide to make yourself a cup. Also, ensure that you only obtain your kratom from a reputable vendor so you can be sure that you are using a quality product.